PGR stands for Project Generation Revolution, and is active online since 2008. We are a community forming welfare organization that tries to find and improve ways to help out our volunteers with solving certain personal issues on social and work-related grounds. In return they help the members (artists and art enthusiasts) who are registered so they can more effectively reach their goals. We work in both local area(s) as on the worldwide web.
Our way of working acts like when throwing a pebble into a pond; our actions are meant to spread wider like the rings following after the pebble hits the water. We do this, in rough lines, as such:
- We create all kinds of voluntary work spots in which people can develop new skills and learn to overcome certain social and work-related fears
- These voluntary crew members then offer services to the artists (and art enthusiasts) which are connected to PGR, thus giving more value to the tasks being fulfilled. This majorly improves the chance of success experiences needed to help these volunteers get across difficult thresholds
- By assisting artists, we eventually also heighten the chance that more audience will be better entertained
We act like a collective mind by sharing our knowledge and time, thus making us stronger as a group. We have a well organized administration, and our internal training programs are mainly based on the dialectical approach (thesis + antithesis= synthesis / and repeat until goal is reached) in order to make progress more realistic and more likely to succeed.
We tend to organize events and use terms like 'crew' in order to give the volunteers a more positive and adventurous experience, so the chance on good memories being formed is also more likely. Something that many of our crew and former crew members could really use in order to leave a certain past behind.
So what's coming?
This community platform should again create plenty of positions for crew to participate in. For the members this should eventually also result into a few very interesting new assets (if not available already, we can't know when you are reading this xD), such as:
- A continuously extending community platform for artists and art enthusiasts only!
- PGR events, such as the PGR awards and other challenges, both local as world wide
- Our own official PGR single and multiplayer games, developed by our own crew
- Our own official PGR feedback system
- All kinds of by PGR developed courses (mainly for crew, but sometimes also for members)
- Your own exclusive user account, all attached to a special crediting system which will reward our members for helping out each other or having fun together. These credits can be spend on the platform, but can not be bought (or sold) for real money. You can see these as a sort of karma credits
How can I join?
That's easy; just create your own account by using the 'register' option in the upper right of your screen. You will get an email with a link in order to confirm you're not a robot. If you, after registration, cannot find this email; it might be in another folder, such as 'commercial' or 'spam'. After you've confirmed you're not a robot, you will be an official PGR member, so officially part of this community!
We hope to see you soon!